Thursday, January 29, 2015

My dear sweet husband....

Dear Husband,
       Here we are at the end of the week and the house looks like shit. Actually, I don't look so hot myself. You may think that I've spent all week doing absolutely nothing, watching TV and eating chocolate all day. Though if you've looked in the fridge lately you'll remember that we don't have any good chocolate and haven't in awhile. So here's how my week from Monday to Wednesday went, or at least what I remember of it. Riley. Coughing. Crying. Whining. Not napping. Hardly eating. Not sleeping at night. Not staying in her bed at night. "Sleeping" on top of me. Squishing me in between you two. Add to that the other four children (plus the one extra that I watched yesterday) whining, crying and not listening. Now put this on a constant repeat. I swear they've all been bathed and fed this week. I've cleaned the living room probably two dozen times. I've managed one shower for myself and I've managed to not give in to the constant urge to cry because of frustration and lack of sleep.

This takes us to Thursday. Riley actually slept last night! OMG I was so excited when I woke up today! I was still tired but I didn't feel like having a nervous breakdown. Holly and Riley were reasonably well behaved in the morning. I cleaned up the toys in the living room, again. Swept the floor. It didn't look too bad. I even managed to get a little work done on my blog! Since then, Riley has dumped her bowl of nummies on the couch, then onto the floor I don't know how many times. And scattered toys all over the room yet again. Her and Holly even finally took naps today. That's where Riley's good mood ended. Since waking up she's been whiny, demanding, clingy and in general just a pain in my ass. It's barely 2:30 in the afternoon and it will only get worse when the other demon spawns get home from school in a little bit.

So, I love you. I missed you. And I hope you had a wonderful day at work. If I'm less than sweet and lovable when you get home tonight, I'm truly sorry. But Riley started it.



No comments:

Post a Comment